WASHINGTON AREA PHYSCIAL THERAPY CLINICS HOST HALLOWEEN HOBBLE 5K RUN/ 1 MILE WALK TO COMMEMORATE NATIONAL PHYSICAL THERAPY MONTH
WHO: Children’s Hospital of Illinois, Illinois Neurological Institute, Professional Therapy Services, and Rock Valley Physical Therapy
• 5K Run- a 3.1 mile, fairly flat course starting and ending at Five Points with a water station near the half-way point; a course map will be included in the race packet
• 1 Mile Fun Walk- costumes encouraged and shorter distances (1/8 mile increments) will be marked for those that may not be able to walk the entire distance
• Ghost Race- offered for those wishing to support yet not able to attend/ will receive the official race tee
WHEN: Saturday, October 26th at 8:00 AM for the 5K run and 9:15 AM for the 1 mile walk
WHERE: Washington Five Points, 360 N. WIlmor Road, Washington, IL
WHY: To commemorate National Physical Therapy Month, Washington area therapy clinics would like to raise awareness and encourage the local community to make the commitment to be physically active. Proceeds will directly benefit the Washington Community by funding a reading initiative targeted at elementary students and their parents. A special thanks goes out to the Washington District Library for providing advisement for this initiative.
• Costumes encouraged with awards given for best adult costume and best youth costume. The contest will run from 7:30 to 9:00 AM. Contestants will check in and a picture will be taken. The judging panel consisting of prominent Washingtonians will then make the selection of winners via pictures. The winners will be announced during awards with a $50 RC gift certificate to the best adult costume and also best kid's costume.
• Race fees: 5K Race $30 and 1 Mile Fun Walk $20; There will be a $5.00 increase in race prices (5K Run, 1 Mile Walk, and Ghost Race) on October 1st
• Features: Chip timing, race tee, and post-race party including DJ and refreshments
• Race tee: Short-sleeved tee (youth sizes XS-L and unisex sizes S-2XL); register by October 1st to guarantee shirt and size/ remaining shirts will be first come, first serve
• Awards: Overall male winner and overall female winner will receive a $100 Gift Certificate from Running Central. First place awards in both men's and women's age groups: 10 and under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-69, and 70 and over
• Volunteers: Interested in volunteering? Please fill out our contact form.
• On-line registration - CLICK HERE
• Packet Pickup Thursday 10/24/13 from 10am-7pm at Running Central and Friday 10/25/13 from 5pm-7pm at Five Points and 6:45 – 7:45 AM at Five Points on race day.