WASHINGTON AREA PHYSCIAL THERAPY CLINICS HOST HALLOWEEN HOBBLE 5K RUN/ 1 MILE WALK TO COMMEMORATE NATIONAL PHYSICAL THERAPY MONTH
WHO: Children’s Hospital of Illinois, Illinois Neurological Institute, Professional Therapy Services, and Rock Valley Physical Therapy
• 5K Run- a 3.1 mile, fairly flat course starting and ending at Five Points with a water station near the half-way point; a course map will be included in the race packet
• 1 Mile Fun Walk/ Trick or Treat Trail- candy stations will be located along the course and walk participants will have to “earn” their candy by performing a light physical task (example: move through an agility ladder or jump a small 4-6” hurdle)
• Ghost Race- offered for those wishing to support yet not able to attend - will receive the official race tee and finisher’s award
• Costumes are encouraged for all events
WHEN: Saturday, October 31st at 8:00 AM for the 5K run and 9:15 AM for the 1 mile walk
WHERE: Washington Five Points, 360 N. WIlmor Road, Washington, IL
WHY: To commemorate National Physical Therapy Month, Washington area therapy clinics would like to raise awareness and encourage the local community to make the commitment to be physically active. Proceeds will directly benefit Washington elementary schools by funding a reading initiative targeted at elementary students.
NEW FOR THIS YEAR:
• Our post race party will include beer this year. Race/ walk participants over 21 will receive a drink chip in their registration packet good for one free beer. Additional beers can be purchased for $3.00 a cup.
• Every race needs a villian, and this race is no exception. Be one of the first 100 individuals to beat "The Hobbler" across the finish line in the 5K and win a special Halloween Hobble themed prize.
• The photo booth will be back. There will be plenty of kid's activities at the post race party. For the adults, there will be a 50/50 drawing, so bring your money!
• Costumes encouraged with awards given for best adult costume and best youth costume. The contest will run from 7:30 to 9:00 AM. Contestants will check in and a picture will be taken. The judging panel will then make the selection of winners via pictures. The winners will be announced during awards with a $50 cash prize to the best adult costume and a $50 cash or equivalent value prize awarded for best kid's costume.
• Race fees: 5K Race $30, 1 Mile Fun Walk $20, and Ghost Race $30; There will be a $5.00 increase in race prices (5K Run, 1 Mile Walk, and Ghost Race) at midnight on October 1st
• Features: Chip timing, race tee, and post-race party including DJ, awards, refreshments and beer
• Race tee: Short-sleeved tee (youth sizes XS-L and unisex sizes S-2XL); register by October 1st to guarantee shirt and size/ remaining shirts will be first come, first serve
• Awards: Overall male winner and overall female winner will receive a $100+ training package to sports enhancement facility to further their running/ training. First place awards in both men's and women's age groups: 10 and under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-69, and 70 and over
• Volunteers: Interested in volunteering? Please fill out our contact form.
• On-line registration - CLICK HERE
• Packet Pickup Friday 10/30/15 from 10am-7pm at Running Central and 6:30 – 7:45 AM at Five Points on race day.
• Ghost Race - offered for those wishing to support yet not able to attend/ will receive the official race tee and finisher’s award!